This recipe is so easy and it tastes great! Flackseeds are not only low in carbs but also a great source of dietary fibre!
You'll need the following ingredients: -
- 6 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tbsp water
That's it! You can then add whatever spices you like.
For this recipe, I chose to add the following: -
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
You'll also need an oven or a microwave than has oven like functions. Mine is the latter.
This makes around 50g of flackseed crackers. You can make more at once if your oven or microwave is big enough.
1) Mix all the ingredients in a bowl till it forms into a paste.
2) Place bowl into the fridge for at least 18 hours. I just left it overnight.
3) Preheat oven to 130C.
4) Prepare 2 pieces of baking paper and place the hardened paste in between.
5) Flatten and roll the paste as thin as possible. I use a rolling pin.
6) Place the flattened paste on a baking sheet (bake with the baking paper).
7) Bake at 130C for 50mins to 60 mins. The thicker the paste the longer it takes to bake.
8) Once baked let it cool before breaking it into smaller pieces
And there you have it! You can experiment with different spices or flavours it's really up to you! This is a great replacement for nachos or chips. Dip then in guacamole, cheese or any kinds of sauce that you prefer.